Your Source for GD&T Training and Materials
Senior GD&T Professional
Don Day co-founded Tec-Ease, Inc. over a dozen years ago to provide software as well as training materials and classes to help improve the design and manufacture of mechanical products. He has helped improve the design and production of numerous products from sump pumps to cell phones and satellites. In January of 2001 he became President and Chief Engineer of Inter-Mec Systems Manufacturing, Inc., manufacturer of air clutch brakes. His unique positions at Tec-Ease and Inter-Mec assure that the training and materials developed are relevant to modern industry.
Don's titles/accomplishments include:
- Member of four ASME Standards Committees: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), GD&T Certification, Engineering Drawings (Main Committee) and Chair of the Castings, Forgings and Molded Parts Committee
- Senior Level Certified in GD&T
- Six Sigma Concepts and Design for Manufacturability
- Professor Emeritus, Monroe Community College (MCC)
- MCC's Distinguished Professor Award (1980)
- Chair of the Integrated Manufacturing Technologies programs at Monroe Community College (MCC) in Rochester, NY
- Development Engineer, Eastman Kodak Company
A successful designer, engineer, consultant, and trainer, he has received awards for his design activities and holds three patents jointly with Eastman Kodak Company. His presentations are a mixture of modern concepts, humor, and uncommon sense.