Standard-Ease® - Electronic version of the ASME Y14.5-2009 Standard
The Y14.5 Standard-Ease® 2009, is the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard in electronic format. This is not our interpretation of the Standard, it is the Standard!
What makes it special is all the added features:
- View texts and graphics together - no more flipping back and forth between pages.
- Pop-up definitions of words.
- Searchable, both by text and graphic.
- And so much more!
Why make a revision to the Y14.5 Standard?
- Technology has changed since 1994
- Changes have been made to other Y14 standards which affect Y14.5
- Y14.41 â€” Digital Product Data Definition Practices
- Y14.43 â€” Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles for Gages and Fixtures
- Y14.8 â€” Castings, Forgings, and Molded Parts
- A greater emphasis has been placed on â€śDesign Intentâ€ť
- New symbols and concepts have been added to clarify the meaning of the drawing
Look for enhancements to the ASME Y14.5-2009 Standard that will
- Add new concepts and symbols to clarify the meaning of the drawing
- Clarify concepts found in the 1994 revision
- Extend principles found in the 1994 revision
- Resolve differences or discrepancies found in the current standard
- Incorporate concepts from other Y14 standards
The major revisions of the standard are driven by the needs of industry. A drawing today is defined in the Y14.100 standard as â€śan engineering document or digital data file(s)â€ť. Designs and individual parts are more complex today. In addition, the need for higher quality and improved productivity demand that we get it right the first time. Not only will our training materials provide the changes to the Standard, we will be able to provide the reasons for these changes. Drawing from actual designs, the application of the new concepts will be shown on a variety of parts from castings and molded parts to sheet metal and other fabricated parts. As in the past, our new training materials will be in full color and 3-D to make understanding the revisions that much easier.
Network, Site and Corporate Versions also available. Call 888-832-3273 for details.(Outside the USA call 716-785-6015)
Register Your Copy Of Standard-Ease
Max says -
Be sure to register your software!
To receive free GD&T Tips please provide your email address: